The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (LADOTD)Secretary shortlisted three teams to submit proposals for delivering the USD 125m Belle Chasse Bridge and Tunnel Replacement project.
The three teams selected are the following:
Connect One bridging Partners:
• Kiewit Development Company (equity member, lead contractor)
• John Laing Investment (equity member)
• DIF Infra V (equity member)
• Volkert (lead designer)
• American Roads (tolling operator)
Plenary Infrastructure belle Chasse:
• Plenary Group (equity member, tolling operator)
• Traylor Bros and Massman Construction joint venture (Lead Contractor)
• Huval & Associates (lead designer)
• Kapsch TrafficCom USA (tolling operator)
UBP Belle Chasse Development:
• United Bridge Operating (equity member)
• Figg Bridge Group (equity member, lead designer)
• Belle Chasee Builders joint venture (Johnson Bros. Corporation and FIGG Bridge Builders) (lead contractor)
• UBP Dominion (tolling operator)
The private entity selected will enter into an agreement for the design, construction, financing, as well as operation and maintenance of the new Belle Chasse structure. The LADOTD hopes to have a preferred bidder selected by 1Q19.
As previously reported, three other teams had submitted proposal on 29 May including a Fengate, Egis, James Construction consortium, a Sacyr, Infrared, Arcadis, GLD Construction consortium and a Macquarie, Granite Construction and Bohn Brothers team.
The project will benefit from the USD 45m grant recently received from the Trump administration, the USD 26.2m in federal funds allocated to the Louisiana DOTD and the USD 12m in federal funds allocated to the Regional Planning Commission. The private partner will provide the remaining funding for the project, which is estimated to cost at least USD 125m, not including contingencies.